April 9, 2013

Happy Hollow Farm

Ellie has been sick this week with a cold and that means that we have been banished from the play dates that we normally go to.  I have been trying to keep us from going stir crazy but it's been hard finding things to do that don't spread her germs around.  I have been meaning to take her to the Happy Hollow Farm at Rancho San Antonio and today it was so sunny and beautiful out and it is was the perfect motivation for me.

I was surprised at how many people were out and about on a Tuesday afternoon but I had forgotten that it was spring break in San Jose.  Lots of kids around! Spring has definitely sprung at the farm and there were plenty of baby animals about. Ellie inevitably fell asleep on the walk up there, but I really enjoyed myself.


When it wasn't eating, it was mooing very loudly!


Baby calf

I love goats!

I found this rather informative

Cock
Reminds me of old times!

The barn


I took a little walk up the trail and there were beautiful wildflowers along the way. 
 
  
I even spotted some wild turkeys!


Look who finally woke up from her nap!

Tree of life

1 comment:

  1. So, the littlestand cutest baby animal finally woke up! :) How cute!!!!!!!!

    I miss my Ellie !

    xxoo

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete