We got to the beach and unloaded our ridiculous amount of baggage. Traveling with a baby is never easy, but packing for the beach is madness. Two pairs of everything, swimsuits, towels, beach toys, sunblock, an umbrella, snacks, diapers, camera, more sunblock...you get the idea. We had to park a ways away so we decided to bring our stroller. Ha! Imagine trying to push a stroller through sand. It was nothing short of comical and I'm sure people around us were laughing. Never the less, we persevered and found a great spot.
And then the crying began....and it didn't stop. Apparently Ellie did not care for the beach at all. She did not like the sand. She did not like the water. And she did NOT like the waves. I don't think we have a single photo of her from that day where she is smiling. She pretty much complained the entire time. She started to have a good time in the sand right about as we were ready to leave, but even then she was pretty skeptical of it. As Tom put it, "well, she is a Jauregui and us Jauregui's don't like the beach". Dang kid! I'm thinking she'll appreciate it more when she is older. She loves bath time and the pool so it's just a matter of time before she warms up to the ocean.
Once we'd had enough of the sun and the sand we found a great little Thai restaurant to have lunch at. I love good Thai food and since our favorite local restaurant is under construction, we have been missing it from our rotation. It was a nice treat and really hit the spot.
On the way home traffic was bumper to bumper and was crawling up Highway 17 at a snails pace. Just as we were debating whether or not to get off the highway, the car behind us rear ended my car. Daaaang! We were all fine, just very startled. So we had to go through the whole rigamarole of pulling off, exchanging info etc. I probably would have been more upset about it but I have a dent on my back bumper and we never got it fixed because it wasn't worth the hassle or money. Score! Now we won't have to pay for it to get fixed. Perhaps this was a Mother's Day present in disguise. :)
When we finally got home, I enjoyed playing with Ellie while Tom fixed us a steak dinner. It was very delicious and waaaay too much food for us. I treated Ellie to bubbles in the tub and she loved it. She has been on the fence about bubbles and I think she's finally getting into them. Despite the bumps, it was a great first Mother's Day and I enjoyed spending it with my two favorite people.
| Mom and dot |
| Notice the scrunchy face. |
| Still scrunchy face.. |
| On our way to the waves. |
| Ready to submerge. |
| No thank you! |
| It's safer here. |
| There's a smile! |
| Love those cheeks! |
| Finally enjoying the sand. |
| Bubbles in the tub! |
| Mother's Day grub. Yumm! |
No comments:
Post a Comment